Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Does Get It Done Home Improvements charge for estimates?
- How many estimates should I obtain before making a decision on a contractor?
- What kind of people work for you?
- Are down payments required?
- Will I be able to select the actual products for my project?
- Do I have to get permits for repairs or do you take care of that?
- How do I schedule an appointment with Get It Done Home Improvements?
- How are changes handled?
- What is your service area?
- Do you offer any guarantees?
- hat payment options are available?
- How often should I have my gutters cleaned?
- Do I have to be home during a gutter service?
- Do offer any coupons or discounts?
- Can weather affect agreed upon service dates?
- top Are you licensed and insured?
Our New Jersey Home Improvements Contractor license number is 13VH04737400.
We are also fully insured with workmans compensation and general liability insurance.
Protect yourself and your home from disaster.
Hire only licensed and insured home improvement professionals.
- top Does Get It Done Home Improvements charge for estimates?
Our initial consultation is FREE OF CHARGE!
We’ll meet with you at the job site, where we’ll discuss your needs and desires.
We’ll determine what possibilities may exist based on your specific situation, make suggestions, and answer any questions you may have.
From this initial consultation we can provide you with a general estimate.
Ready to get started?
Call us at (973)934-8769 or click to request a FREE no-obligation estimate online.
- top How many estimates should I obtain before making a decision on a contractor?
We’d like to believe, only one, the one you receive from us, but in all reality, at least three.
Nothing makes us look better than our competition.
It’s also important not to base your final decision on price alone.
Sometimes the old adage, “you get what you pay for”, rings true and is not worth the gamble.
See if the contractor has references, reviews, a website or go on a recommendation from a friend or family member.
- top What kind of people work for you?
Only the best...our business depends on it.
We are a family–owned home improvements company operated by Matt Grebowiec and his father Janusz Grebowiec.
Our employees include family members.
- top Are down payments required?
It protects us a way to make sure that you're serious about the project and a way to reserve the time required for your project.
We need a downpayment in order to purchase the materials necessary for your project and reserve the start time on our calendar.
- top Will I be able to select the actual products for my project?
We will install anything you like.
We use the best quality products available on the market.
If you are value–conscious shopper, we will advise you on the best materials for your money or alternative money-saving strategies for your project.
- top Do I have to get permits for repairs or do you take care of that?
Typically repairs do not require permits.
However, new installations and larger jobs do.
We will obtain all necessary permits for you or you can take care of them yourself if you like.
- top How do I schedule an appointment with Get It Done Home Improvements?
You may call Matt (owner / operator) directly at (973) 830-6932, email us, or fill out our FREE estimate request form.
Let us know what type of home improvement you have in mind, when it’s a convenient time for us to meet, and your contact info in case we have some questions.
Typically, we can meet with you the same day you contact us (after 6PM) or whenever most convenient for you (during the day, evenings, and weekends).
- top How are changes handled?
If a substantial change is required, a change of work order needs to be filled out and agreed upon by the client and us.
Naturally, this may result in change of fees charged and your final costs.
Usually, the sooner in the process you notify us of changes, the better.
- top What is your service area?
We are proud to provide quality home improvement services and repairs to homeowners throughout Bergen, Passaic, Morris Counties and surrounding areas of northern New Jersey.
If you live in our service area and are in need of a reliable home improvements contractor (see what others have said about us), please call us at (973)934-87695 or visit our contacts page and fill out our FREE estimate request form.
- top Do you offer any guarantees?
We guarantee all of our work.
Smaller repairs are guaranteed for 12 months from the date of job completion.
Larger jobs, such as siding and roofing are guaranteed for 10 years or more.
- top What payment options are available?
At this time we accept personal checks and cash.
Eventually we hope to expand your payment options to include credit card and financing.
- top How often should I have my gutters cleaned?
We recommend that you have your gutters cleaned up to four times a year, but that really depends on your home's surroundings.
If you have lots of tall oak trees on your property, most likely you'll need your gutters serviced in early and late fall and early and late spring.
Fall cleanings prepare your gutters for the winter and the spring cleanings for April showers.
- top Do I have to be home during a gutter service?
We know how valuable your time is.
We'll do a professional job and if you are unable to be home at the time of service we'll leave an itemized invoice.
You can pay using your method of choice.
- top Do offer any coupons or discounts?
Yes. We offer a new customer discount and various project specific home improvement coupons and incentives.
You can also save money on gutter cleanings by signing up for an annual preventive maintenance contract.
There are four plans to suit your needs that qualify for a discount.
- top Can weather affect agreed upon service dates?
Yes. Inclement weather such as heavy rain, snow, freezing temperatures, or other unpredictable occurrences can cause a service date to be delayed.
In this case we will reach out to you in advance of your scheduled appointment and make other arrangements.
Need more answers? Contact us and will get back to you ASAP.
Ready to Get It Done? Start by scheduling a FREE estimate.